Meet Lance Leisure
Reputable Civil Litigation Attorney in Houston
Lance Leisure is a partner in Correro & Leisure, P.C. Lance has tried
cases to verdict on both the plaintiff and the defense side. Before becoming
a lawyer, Lance served in the United States Army, where he worked in military
intelligence from 1995 to 2001, then again in 2003.
Prior to founding Correro & Leisure, P.C. with his friend and partner
Mark Correro, Lance practiced law at Blank Rome LLC, where his practice
focused primarily on personal injury, mass tort, environmental and complex
In 2015, 2016 and 20017, he was listed in
Super Lawyers® (Thomson Reuters). The annual
Super Lawyers® list recognizes Texas' top lawyers based on peer surveys of more than
57,000 active attorneys. Only 5% of Texas' licensed attorneys are
awarded every year.
Lance was previously listed in the annual
Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ list for the years 2010 to 2012, and 2014.
Request a consultation with Lance to discuss your legal options today.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Accredited by the Veteran's Administration to represent veterans and
their family members in claims and appeals before the VA. Represented
widow of WWII veteran in appeal of denial of benefits. Also volunteer
at veteran’s clinic providing advice and assistance to veterans.
- Represented unaccompanied minor fleeing violence in his homeland in asylum
and immigration court proceeding.
- Represented low-income woman and helped her obtain divorce and name change.
- University of Houston, JD, magna cum laude
- Defense Language Institute, Certification in Arabic, with honors, awarded
the prestigious Provost's Award for academic and military achievement
- University of North Texas, BA in English
• As plaintiff’s attorney, tried personal injury case in Harris
County, Texas to a successful verdict. The case was hard-fought on both
sides and presented a number of challenges, including language difficulties
and missing and incomplete documents involving employment and medical
care. In the end, the jury awarded plaintiff an amount greater than three
times the amount the insurance company had offered on the day trial started.
• As defense attorney, successfully represented staffing agency company
in numerous separate employment claims brought by former employees. After
evidentiary hearings, each claim was dismissed. Only one of the claims
went up on appeal, and that appeal was also dismissed in full.
• Obtained Temporary Restraining Order and after an evidentiary hearing,
Temporary Injunction allowing client, a retail store, to remain open in
its place of business despite attempts by commercial development manager
to wrongfully evict.
• Successfully resolved Plaintiff’s claim through mediation
in a personal injury case involving serious injuries, surgery and years
of physical therapy. The case was in a difficult jurisdiction and had
numerous legal obstacles, but through the use of key deposition testimony
(of both defendant’s employees and plaintiff) and evidence developed
in the course of discovery, a confidential resolution was reached that
fairly compensated plaintiff for her injuries.
• Plaintiff’s attorney representing individual injured by defective
sidewalk while jogging. A misaligned sidewalk panel created a tripping
hazard, which combined with poor lighting led to a fall and a severely
injured arm. After extensive discovery and depositions, defeated defendants’
motions challenging the claim and obtained a favorable settlement for
• Key member of trial team in a three-week trial of a products liability
wrongful death claim that resulted in an 11- 1 defense verdict for the
client. Plaintiffs alleged that toxic exposure to chemicals caused a longtime
factory worker to develop blood cancer. As defense counsel for one of
the largest chemical distributors in the world, personally cross-examined
several key witnesses, including the decedent’s brother and the
sole co-worker witness. Also cross-examined the treating oncologist and
Plaintiffs’ causation expert, eliciting testimony that undercut
Plaintiffs’ medical claims of causation. Using a trial strategy
that combined an appeal to common sense with a close examination of the
science, the trial team was able to vindicate the client.
• Defense of a premises liability case representing a chemical distribution
facility. Plaintiff was a truck driver who had been injured while making
a delivery. At the deposition of Plaintiff’s expert, crucial testimony
was obtained undercutting the claims in the case. After building that
testimony into a Daubert challenge, the expert was excluded, leading to
favorable settlement on the eve of trial.
• Defense of gross negligence wrongful death claim. Plaintiffs, the
family of an employee who had died on the job, claimed that the injuries
were caused by work activities. The claim was investigated through the
depositions of multiple witnesses and medical experts, including the pathologist
who had performed the autopsy. After evidence was developed showing the
injury had actually occurred days prior, successfully argued a challenge
to Plaintiffs’ medical causation evidence, which led to the dismissal
of all claims.
• Key member of appellate team in challenge to rulings by the trial
court in a wrongful death case. The appeal resulted in three discovery
mandamus orders immediately before trial.
Professional Associations and Honors
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Veteran’s Association Accredited to represent veterans in appeals
of their benefits claims
Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ 2010 – 2012, 2014
Super Lawyers® 2015, 2016, 2017
A prolific traveler, voracious reader, and a passionate golfer and skier
whose passion for each is exceeded by his passion and skill in the law.
Discuss your legal matter with Lance Leisure today. Call Correro & Leisure, P.C. at (832) 384-9783.
*This is intended only to provide information about the experience and ability
of the attorneys, and does not guarantee that similar results can be attained
in every case.